DXRACER VS AKRACING – WHICH IS BEST?
DXRacer Chairs - Brief Overview
DXRacer VS AKRacing Gaming Chairs: Which Gaming Chair Is Right For You?...
If you've been looking for the right gaming chair and have found that it's no easy task, you're not alone.
Browsing through various unboxing and review type videos on YouTube probably hasn't helped much either because everyone has their own preferences.
And let's face it, there are so many different models and makers, and then there are the budget ranges too.
Who do you pick?
If you're new to gaming chairs or upgrading from your old desk chair, then keep reading.
We'll take you from newb to pro in little time.
Today we'll focus on DXRacer chairs and AKRacing chairs; two of the most popular gaming chairs legit gamers prefer today.
To the untrained eye, they may look similar or even the same, making the choice of picking from the two more difficult.
Why you need a gaming chair
If you've ever experienced that stabbing pain that shoots across your shoulders and neck after sitting in the same position for hours, you've experienced one of the most common fatigue symptoms that affect gamers and office workers like yourself.
Fatigue or fatigue symptoms typically occur when the gamer or user has been sitting or working in a poor posture for long periods of time. When you're younger, you can just brush off these pains but as you age, it's harder to bounce back.
In short: The wrong chair can make you feel like crap after long periods of sitting. Which leads to:
- An increase in discomfort- Which can distract you and even turn you off from playing entirely. Do you really want that?
- Reduce your blood flow- Giving you that dead leg or that weird tingly sensation as your arms fall asleep. I don't know about you, but I can't stand that.
- Encourages poor posture- Anddd weakens the muscle groups that support proper posture.
If you think proper posture is just about looking good while gaming, you're wrong.
Poor posture over long periods of time can have on impact on whether you'll need the help of a walker or a walking cane earlier rather than later.
And let's face it...
No one looks good with a walker or a cane.
On your search for the right gaming chair for you, you may have noticed a variety of choices to choose from. Some of them are more appealing, because well, why would anyone want to sit straight up while playing COD?
Even browsing Reddit you may have noticed some gamers complaining that gaming chairs are uncomfortable while others will fiercely disagree.
What's going on here?
Who's telling the truth and who's to blame?
The gamer didn't do their research and just picked the first chair that their YouTube idol bragged about in an unboxing (The Idol was probably being sponsored or paid).
At the moment there are four distinguishable manufacturers that rise above the crap infiltrating the market.
DXRacer, AKRacing, Vertagear, and Arozzi.
No self-respecting gamer would consider any other option.
Not even that comfortable looking beanbag chair.
So let's just jump right into it...
Features of DXR gaming chairs:
- 12 + models you can pick from that are custom built to fit different types of builds. If you're short, tall, large or petite, DXR has your back.
- It can be overwhelming to pick the right series, but their sizing chart will help you if you're completely lost.
- In terms of weight and height support, they top out at 450 lbs and 6.7 feet.
- All chairs are covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Armrests on some models are extremely adjustable.
- The base is constructed from a steel frame that won't bend, bow, or break.
- 3 fabric types to choose from.
- The backrests are adjustable.
Every gaming chair has its benefits and flaws though...
DXRacer Pros & Cons:
- You're getting a chair from an established brand who cares about their customers.
- DXR has the largest selection of chairs to choose from with different chairs fitting a variety of builds and heights.
- Popular and recognizable in the gaming scene.
- Different styles and colors to choose from.
- Chairs that meet small and larger budgets.
- Three fabric types to choose from:
- Polyurethane- look alike leather that's waterproof and easy to clean
- Polyvinyl Chloride PVC- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Fabric- The most resistant to animal claws but has the tendency to trap smells and spills.
- Start in the three-figure range. Definitely not cheap...
- Not all models have the adjustable armrests
- There are weight limits. Some chairs are limited to just 220lbs
- Not as customizable with upgrades. Some gaming chair manufacturers let you choose colors schemes or even embroidery options for your gamer tags. Not DXRacing.
Ultimately, DXRacer carries a huge variety that can accommodate to just about every body type. Their King Series for example is great for gamers who are a little bigger, while the Formula Series is excellent for those with a smaller stature.
But let's not leave AKRacing out.
Features of AKRacing gaming chairs:
- You get nine models to choose from.
- Perfect for people at or under the 400lb range.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty on all their chairs.
- Armrests are adjustable.
- The backrest is adjustable via a lever located on the side of the chair.
- The base is also adjustable.
- Height is adjustable with a lever that can be pulled up from under the seat while sitting in the chair.
- You can rock in it and tilt the backrest back to about 12 degrees. I'm kinda curious who needs the 12-degree recline feature...
- Materials are durable and high quality. No one has ever complained about cracking or ripping. Even after several years of ownership.
- All chairs come with a gas lift
- The wheels are break-proof and won't scratch up your hard floors.
- The metal frame is durable and strong. It won't bend, bow or break, unlike some other chairs.
- You get the expensive race car look. Something you don't want to miss out if you dabble in race games.
AKRacing Gaming Chair Pros & Cons:
- AKRacing is also an established brand that is popular in the gaming scene. Especially with e-sports or the racing subculture.
- Has the second largest chairs to choose from, but not nearly as much as DXRacer.
- Seats will work great for various heights and weights.
- Various styles and colors to choose from.
- Some chairs are cheaper...
- Has fabric and fake leather materials to choose from.
- Can hold up to 330lbs.
- Some chairs come with upgrades like silent caster rollers or larger gas lifts
- Not every model has the adjustable armrests. You may be limited to just moving the armrests up or down, not in or out.
- Their products can be difficult to track down if you live in North America. This company is based in Europe. Bringing us to our next point...
- Not as popular in North America.
- If you're larger than average, you may be out of luck. Not all the chairs are suitable for people with bigger builds.
So with the features and pros and cons out of the way, which chair is right for you?
DXRacer VS AKRacing - Which is right for you?
The DXRacer makes more models than AKRacing, and depending on which model you choose from, some of the chairs almost seem similar in design. You'll get almost the same lumbar support neck and back, and the shape of the chair itself almost seems exactly the same as well.
The foam density is also noticeably higher in the DXRacer chairs...
But if you're on a budget, AKRacing may be off limits for you. Most of their models seem to start around the $300 range and work their way up to $500.
DXRacer will start you out with a soft landing at $250 to $300.
Depending on your income, that may be easier to settle for...
But there's more to it.
The right gaming chair will also meet other criteria like:
- Does it fit your body type and weight?
- Do you like its appearances or will it clash with your decor? Will you care if it does?
- Does it have all the features you want? Things like the ability to recline after a long gaming session, or the ability to adjust the armrests in or out to rest your forearms?
- What about your budget? Is there room in your budget for this chair? Are there cheaper alternatives or can you stomach saving a set amount from each check before you can afford the higher end models?
- How easy is it to get a hold of? Are they available local to me or do I have to ship it from a reputable online source? There's nothing more depressing than getting excited about your new gaming chair only to find out that it can't be shipped to your address.
In terms of quality and build, both DXRacer and AKRacing gaming chairs won't let you down, but picking which one is right for you can be a challenge, especially since some models are so similar.
Use our article to aid you in your research but don't forget your personal criteria when choosing too.
Thanks for reading. Do you have a DXRacer or AKRacing chair? How did you choose between the two? Share your thoughts with us!